During what are very anxious and difficult times worldwide because of the threat of COVID-19, the Witch’s Rock Family would like to take a moment to say that you are in our thoughts. We hope that everyone can stay safe using the protocols established by the medical community that can help protect against this virus.
With each passing day, the world is reacting to the progression of the COVID-19. Since being declared as a global pandemic on March 11th, 2020, countries around the world are taking immediate action to contain the virus before spreading exponentially like we saw in China and Italy. Each country is approaching the virus in a similar way; working from home, social distancing, self quarantining, emphasis on hygiene & hand washing, school closures, border closures, and other preventative measures. The inertia even put it in terms that surfers can understand!
Here’s everything you need to know about the COVID-19 in Costa Rica (updated March 17th)
- As of March 17th, Costa Rica has 69 confirmed cases of the virus
- On March 16, the Costa Rican government announced that as of 11:59 P.M. on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, and continuing until April 12, only Costa Rican citizens, residents, and foreign diplomats will be able to enter Costa Rica.
- Both airports that receive international flights (San Jose and Liberia) have protocols in place in order to deal with suspected COVID-19 cases
- As of March 16, anyone arriving in Costa Rica from another country must self-quarantine for 14 days.
- All bars, nightclubs and casinos across Costa Rica remain closed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Public spaces should operate at a maximum of 50% capacity. The capacity limit applies to public transportation, restaurants, food courts, and movie theaters. Non-compilers could face a 30-day closure.
What’s Witch’s Rock Surf Camp doing about the COVID-19?
This has been a tough time for everyone around the world, especially tourism. It saddens us deeply that many of our Witch’s Rock guests can not come for their much anticipated surf vacation this Spring. We are doing what we can in this tough time to ensure that our business will stand strong and be here for you when this emergency subsides
The reservations team has decided to offer a 15% discount across the board for any new bookings for this High Season 2020 / 2021. The valid window for this discount will be from November 28th, 2020 – May 1st, 2021. Blackout dates include Christmas & New Year weeks.
So here’s our best advise to you. Stay safe now… Surf paradise later! We will be here for you when you are ready to travel again. If you’d like to check dates, room options, prices, or just check in on your friends in Costa Rica, Contact us below, or give us a call at 1-888-318-7873.