It feels so wonderful to be writing an article like this after 6 months of sitting, waiting, wishing to hear something about the borders re-opening. We are finally seeing the a return to normalcy we hoped for and are thrilled to be receiving our first international travelers from the USA, Canada, and even Europe! You should have seen the genuine stoke on our employees faces to receive the Hildreth family from Virginia this past week.
Even though Costa Rica tourism board (ICT) expects that within six months of reopening, 30% of the level of international tourism prior to the COVID-19 pandemic will be reached, it’s a step in the right direction.
We’ve done the research and here is a quick, skimmable list of all the countries and states that can come to Costa Rica along with the operating airlines. Full information on protocols for entry in this article here
Currently, tourists from Canada, the European Union (Schengen zone), the United Kingdom (UK), Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Thailand, South Korea, China, Singapore and Uruguay can enter Costa Rica
Within the United States: New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Massachusetts, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Michigan, Rhode Island, California (October 1) and Washington D.C., have been authorized.
Has your preferred airline resumed travel to Costa Rica?
• Aeroméxico: No flights until further notice
• Air Canada: Resuming flights from Toronto on October 31 to Liberia (LIR) and November 1 to San Jose (SJO).
• Air France: Resuming flights from Paris on October 31
• Air Panama: Flights suspended until further notice
• Air Transat: Flights suspended until further notice
• Alaska Airlines: Information pending
• Albatros: Flights suspended until further notice
• American Airlines: Resumed operations on September 9 to/from Miami and Dallas
• Avianca: Information pending
• British Airways: Resuming flights from London on November 1
• Condor: Information from the airline pending
• Copa Airlines: Resumed operations to/from Panama City (PTY) on September 10
• Delta: Information from the airline pending
• Edelweiss: Resuming flights to/from Zurich on November 1
• Iberia: Resumed flights to/from Madrid (MAD) and San Jose on August 3
• Interjet: Information pending
• Jetblue: Resuing flights to/from New York on October 25
• KLM: Resuming flights to/from Amsterdam on October 27
• Latam: Information pending
• Lufthansa: Resumed flights to/from Frankfurt (FRA) on August 5
• Sansa: Available for charter flights
• Skyway: Information pending
• Southwest: To resume operations in 2021
• Spirit: Resumed flights to/from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Florida, on September 10; Orlando (MCO) on October 25
• United: Resumed flights to/from Neward (EWR) on September 3
• Volaris: Repatriation flights to/from Mexico City (MEX) on September 22 and 26
• WestJet: Waiting on airline confirmation
• Wingo: Waiting on airline confirmation.
If you’re sitting with a COVID credit from a cancelled trip or are just ready to travel again, contact our reservations department and they can make recommendations on the best flights from different regions of the country. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-318-7873 (Toll Free from USA and Canada)