Costa Rica opened its borders to the entire world on November 1st. Additionally, you’ll no longer need a negative COVID test to enter the country. All you’ll need is travel insurance (we recommend Sagicor) and fill out the Health Pass within 48-hours of your first departure flight. Since partially opening the borders back in September , our spirits have been soaring as we’ve welcomed back guests from the USA, Europe, and Canada. Even though the borders have been fully open since November 1st, just 36,044 people arrived to Costa Rica in November 2020 compared to 191,346 in November 2019. Regardless, we’ve maintained our beachfront hotel at about 60% – 80% occupancy which has kept groups and tours smaller and guests have actually loved it. Check out our latest reviews on TripAdvisor
Quick Tip: Ask for a free room upgrade when you arrive. Chances are we’ll have a premium room open and we’ll hook you up!
If you’re planning a trip to Witch’s Rock Surf Camp or have already booked, here are the protocols you’ll notice.
- 50% van occupancy for surf tours and airport transportation.
- Mandatory mask in van for everyone
- Restaurant staff, maintenance, surf shop employees with masks
- Mandatory mask while in surf shop and other closed area.
- Seminars being held in open air restaurant (mask optional).
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations throughout camp.
- Temperature checks daily for our staff.
- Social distancing (we are not enforcing this, but please use your best judgment on site).
- Bars and restaurants in Tamarindo close at 10pm.
Costa Rica is an excellent option to travel again. We spend most of our days outside, our food is fresh and local, and our low stress, Pura Vida, island-time attitude (Costa Rica is not an island) is just what you need during these crazy times.
Contact us at 1-888-318-7873 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to start planning.
PS. Waves have been fun, winds have been offshore, and crowds have been mellow